to you I would trust my life...


 
I just spent time with my friend who was my co-worker in Banff and also Kelowna at two different work environments.  He got talking about how he had not taken a lot of time off in our time of working together.  That was true, but the other side of that was that he fulfilled these biblical references as follows.  First of all Colossians 3:22-25 that says, “Slaves or employees, obey your earthly masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to win their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord… since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving”.   I believe this says that you can tell a lot about a person's relationship to Christ by their work ethic.  This is something that many who claim to follow Christ omit.  Further since biblical passages on ‘work” say we are to work as hard whether or not eyes are on us, Luke 16:10 also applies.  Luke 16:10 says, whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much.  My friend you maybe did not take a lot of time off but I saw your character and your work ethic no matter if eyes were on you or not and that is in part why to you I would trust my life.  I say that about few…     
 

3 comments:

Melissa Fed said...

Beauty Lance...What a fantastic encouragement. YES. We are SO blessed by that great man!

Melissa said...

Beauty Lance...What a fantastic encouragement. YES. We are SO blessed by that great man!

Melissa said...

Beauty Lance...What a fantastic encouragement. YES. We are SO blessed by that great man!